review of Aladdin live action

I went and saw the  Aladdin live-action movie today. I know a lot of fans were on the defense about them making an Aladdin movie without Robin Williams and Will Smith taking over as the Genie. This is coming from someone who is a huge Aladdin and Robin Williams fan you do not have to worry. Will did not try to be Mr Williams he did his own  Genie thing. I feel it worked very well for him and for the movie. Also, no one can replace Mr. Williams and I feel everyone making this movie knew that. I felt like all the actors and actress really wanted to do was to make a great movie and have fun doing it and it shows in the movie. Naomi Scott did a wonderful job as Jasmine and I love the song they add to the movie for Jasmine called Speechless which is a very powerful song. I love how they made Jasmine more powerful and someone the kids can look up to.  I felt that Mena Massoud did a great job as Aladdin. I love the scenes with Jasmine (Naomi Scott ) and Aladdin (Mena Massoud)  they had great chemistry between them. The things I did not like, is that Jafar played by Marwan Kenzari did not really did not seem to fit the Jafar role he was not evil enough and was not scary enough unlike animation Aladdin Jafar which was played by Jonathan Freeman Second I was not really digging Iago at all and  I love animation Iago, so that kind of sucked for me. But I feel overall it was a great movie to see and it is one I will buy when it comes out. I give Aladdin 4 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts